Marriage In Australia

Marriage In Australia

Marriage In Australia

So, you have dreams of being “Married in Australia”? Those dreams can very simply become reality. You don’t need to be an Australian citizen, or to be in Australia for a certain period of time prior to your marriage.

Arrive and marry on the same day if you wish, provided the required legal documents have been signed and witnessed.

Australia is one of the most beautiful and picturesque countries in the world, and I am proud to call it my home. As your Authorised Marriage Celebrant, I would be honoured and am legally able, to perform your wedding ceremony in any State or Territory Australia wide.

Living here on the Gold Coast, we are spoilt for choice especially when it comes to unique and beautiful ceremony locations and reception venues. Locations stretch as far as the eye can see from golden sandy beaches, to breathtaking mountain tops, to deep blue waterways; we have it all! Venues are plentiful. Opulent country clubs, quaint country chapels, yachts and charter boats, five-star hotels and resorts, the list is endless.

Our weather is “beautiful one day and perfect the next”. Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring, we have wedding locations and reception venues to suit every season of the year. Sunrise, sunsets, log fires, beach parties, rain forests, restaurants, Island Resorts, formal, casual, cocktail, relaxed – you need to see it yourself to believe it.


  • Organise an authorised marriage celebrant to conduct your marriage ceremony. Please forward your chosen wedding day, date and ceremony start time to confirm my availability.
  • Give notice of your intent to marry. This form needs to be completed and given to your Marriage Celebrant not less than 1 month prior to your ceremony or can be completed up to 18 months in advance. Download this form here and read carefully before attempting to complete.

To comply with all of the legal requirements of the Notice of Intended Marriage, your celebrant must sight the following documents:

  • Produce evidence of your identity to the marriage celebrant – evidence of the date and place of birth (birth certificate) of both partners OR passport Australian or International.
  • Produce evidence of your eligibility to marry to the marriage celebrant (evidence of any previous divorce or death of any previous spouse), if applicable (e.g. divorce papers, death certificate).
  • Be of marriageable age (you can only marry if you are 18 years or older).
  • Evidence of place of residence.


This notice must be signed in the presence of one of the following. If a party signs the notice outside Australia:

  • an Australian Diplomatic Officer
  • an Australian Consular Officer
  • an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3 (c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955
  • an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955
  • a notary public


  • Two witnesses over the age of 18 must be present at the marriage ceremony.
  • If either partner cannot speak English, you will need to have an interpreter present at the ceremony. The interpreter must sign a statutory declaration to certify their faithful performance in the role. For interpreting services, contact the Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) – Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS).

I am happy to help you in any way possible to ensure your wedding day in Australia surpasses your greatest expectations and look forward to your arrival.

Partner Properties

Some of the many properties that promote my services